Apple Picking and a Vegan Apple Crisp

Wednesday, October 12, 2016


Apple picking is one of my favorite fall activities. I love being outside in the fresh air, spending time with my family, and, of course, bringing home freshly picked apples. I live in Virginia and am so grateful that we have a lot of opportunities for outdoor activities with beautiful scenery. This is our second time in a row visiting Hartland Orchard in Markham, Virginia and we could not have asked for a better day.

When we arrived at home with our apple haul, I only had one thing on my mind- DESSERT. I started scouring Pinterest for a pie, crumble, or crisp recipe. I stopped when I came across "The Best Vegan Apple Crisp" by the Minimalist Baker. I actually had most of the ingredients on hand with the exception of a lemon and pecans, so it wasn't very expensive to put together. It also made quite a large pan if you're thinking of preparing something for a party or for a family gathering.  I paired it with the So Delicious cashew-milk ice cream in Very Vanilla and it was a match made in delicious vegan heaven. (Writing this post now is making me sad because the entire pan of apple crisp has already been devoured. IT WAS THAT AMAZING.)

*As a note, I used regular cane sugar instead of coconut sugar, water instead of apple juice, and coconut oil when it calls for coconut or olive.

**I did a little bit of searching and found this coupon for $1.00 off any 2 So Delicious Dairy Free Products at Whole Foods if you want to check out the cashew-milk ice cream. I also highly recommend their French Vanilla and Hazelnut Coconut Milk Coffee Creamer.


What are your favorite fall-inspired vegan treats?

You Might Also Like

0 comment(s)